We have been improving Vernon Browser’s template pages and site admin features. Online collection websites are built upon these template pages and customised to the requirements of each individual client.
Vernon 6 of the Browser has just been launched with a range of improvements.
The key changes are listed below.
1. Topic files have been introduced. They allow narratives to be created within the Topic datafile of the Activities module. There is a wide range of possible applications for these narratives. To make these published Topic pages readable as possible they support Markdown basic syntax. You can design the pages with headings, bold, italics and more. The Browser Template demonstration site includes two example narratives to show how copy can be combined with a selection of collection records.
2. Improved integration within Object records to other files. Collection records have the capacity to publish more information from object records within Vernon CMS. In order to keep published object records clear and concise for the website visitor tabs have been included at the top of the object record.
3. Comments can now be moderated via set workflows in the system. This improves the ease and accessability of validating comments.
4. The administration screens have been de-cluttered to make navigation easier. We continue to add features that expand the capabilities available.
5. Records can now be sorted by when they were added in Vernon Browser (recently added). This often requested feature can be found in the Advanced Search options or set up as a collection highlight.
6. All the learning’s from the previous customisation are now in the demonstration templates. Including the menu, the explore page.